NVIDIA Driver not Compatible with this Version of Windows
In the last blog, many readers shared an issue that there is an error showing ‘NVIDIA driver not compatible with this version of Windows’. What this error is about? And how to fix this? Well, now you are at the right place because today we will be sharing details on this topic.
Those who are in the gaming or graphic design industry, know about NVIDIA. This is very popular for its graphic card products available in a wide range of categories.
Based on the variety of different demands of the users, it shares different products. This causes confusion among the users that which is compatible with their system. Also, there are cases where they buy a NVIDIA driver or graphic card and then it does not work.
So, if you are also facing the issue of the NVIDIA driver not compatible with this version of Windows, then we recommend reading this blog. We have shared a complete guide below.
Also, Check Our Previous article How to Make Xbox Controller Vibrate Continuously?
Overview of NVIDIA
NVIDIA is a big company that makes computer stuff.
They are famous for their powerful graphics cards that make video games and movies look amazing. These cards are like magic for computers, helping them do complex math really fast.
NVIDIA also works on artificial intelligence (AI), making smart machines that can learn and think. Their technology is used in self-driving cars and in big data centres where computers solve tough problems.
People all over the world like NVIDIA because it makes our digital world look cool and work smarter. They are a big player in the tech world!
An NVIDIA driver is like a translator for your computer. While you are looking for the NVIDIA driver not compatible with this version of Windows solution, you must know about it.
It helps your computer understand and talk to the NVIDIA graphics card.
Without it, your computer wouldn’t know how to use the card to make games and videos look good. These drivers are updates that NVIDIA releases to make sure everything runs smoothly.
When you get a new game or software, you might need an updated driver to make it work correctly. So, it’s important to keep your NVIDIA driver up to date to get the best performance and the coolest graphics on your computer.
It’s like giving your computer the right tools to do its job well.
NVIDIA Driver Compatible Devices
NVIDIA drivers are like helpers for your computer’s graphics.
They need to work with specific devices to make things look good on your screen. NVIDIA drivers are usually designed for graphics cards made by NVIDIA.
These drivers are compatible with a range of devices, like laptops and desktop computers, that use NVIDIA graphics cards. But you must make sure the driver matches your device and Windows version.
If they don’t match, you might see an error saying the NVIDIA driver is not compatible.
So, always check that your NVIDIA driver is a good fit for your computer to avoid problems with your visuals. Fix NVIDIA Driver not compatible with this version of Windows below.
Fix NVIDIA Driver Compatibility with Windows
The steps to fix NVIDIA driver not compatible with this version of Windows are shared below. This is a very common problem and can be solved through different methods. Depending upon which method you find easier, you can follow it to fix the issue this nvidia driver is not compatible with this version of windows.
Download the NVIDIA Driver with GeForce Experience
You can fix this issue by an easier method which allows you to download the latest NVIDIA driver with GeForce experience. Follow these steps to perform this process.
- If you don’t have GeForce Experience, download and install it from this link.
- If you’re using a desktop computer, make sure your screen is connected to your NVIDIA graphics card.
- Open the GeForce Experience program. If it asks you to update, go ahead and do that.
- Click on the “Drivers” tab. If there are driver updates available, it will show them. You can also manually search for updates by clicking “Check for updates.”
- You’ll see the latest drivers listed. Click “Custom Install” to open the file. You can also use “Express Installation,” but it won’t let you choose installation options.
- The driver file will start installing. Make sure to check the option that says “Perform a clean installation” in the NVIDIA installation window. Wait for the installation to finish.
- After the installation is done, restart your computer to check if the error is gone.
Update Windows to the Latest Version
If you see a message saying your NVIDIA driver doesn’t work with your version of Windows, it might be because your Windows 10 isn’t the latest version. To fix this, you should check if your computer is running an old version of Windows, and if it is, you should update it.
Here are the steps to fix that:
- Press the Windows key and the “I” key together to open Settings.
- Then, select “Update & Security.”
- Click on “Windows Update” and then hit the “Check for updates” button on the right side.
- If there are updates to install, Windows will start downloading them on its own.
- Let it do its thing and install all the updates it finds.
- Your computer might restart a few times during this process but don’t interrupt it.
- Once you’ve finished updating your computer, you can see if the problem with the “NVIDIA driver not compatible with this version of Windows” message is gone.
- If you’re having trouble with a message like “Windows Updates cannot currently check for updates,” this post provides four solutions to help you fix the problem of Windows update failures.
This was our guide on NVIDIA Driver not Compatible with this Version of Windows.
We hope you are now able to fix this issue easily. If you have any quarry related to this topic then let us know in the comment box. Also, share your views with us below.
On this website, we have shared more guides and reviews. Do check them as well!